Wednesday, January 3, 2018

sad way to start the New Year

So... while I'm upset that the Darkening of Tristram event is just the same as last year's, I am glad to see it back. It gives me that feeling of, "Hey, something special to break up the monotony!"

I mean really, how many times can I run a season from 1-70 and not be bored out of my mind? I came back to Diablo 3 on the 1st for the anniversary event, yet quickly found out that it's the exact same as last year's. No new pet, nothing. No new incentive to come back to fight the minions of hell. I can't keep playing seasons only to be stuck in the Greater Rift grind over and over again.

I'd love to see more events, but really what I want to see is more story. We got these new realms to Act 4, but what are they? How do they fit in the story?


What about Kingsport? Will we ever get to go there and explore it with a map of its own?

I love the new zones, but all of this focus on seasons, grinding, hunting down Primal Ancient weapons... which I can't even get because I can't clear the required grift level... you're adding aspects I can't even achieve, and really... why do I need to hunt these things down? There's no super-hard content that requires these weapons, aside from higher torment difficulties.

Before, there was the promise of Uber bosses with epic loot/crafting capabilities, but now? There's no reason to farm super powerful stuff. 

I'm really sorry, but I'm falling out of love, Diablo 3. I hope you give me a reason to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diablo 4 Open Beta

Pleased to say we were able to play the Open Beta of Diablo 4  & I must be honest, it was worse than last weekend. So many bugs/errors, ...