Thursday, March 14, 2019

Get Ready For:

Battle Bards!

That's right! My husband and I came up with the idea to both be bards for the next campaign run by DM_S. Both are Changelings but planning on attending different colleges.

Nix will be a College of Glamour bard.

Nax will be a College of Whispers bard.

I really wanted to be College of Lore, especially since in DM_J's campaign there's a College of Glamour bard and I really don't like how their player plays them, but I ultimately decided to give it a try and I can always change my mind later if I don't like it.

Get your Weave deck here!
DM_S likes to have us draw from The Weave deck, not sure if you've seen it, but it's really cool. He let us draw two cards. Card #1 is something woven into your character somehow, and card #2 is your character's fear.

I drew The Stag for #1, so I'll have a birthmark roughly shaped like a deer that doesn't go away no matter what I shapeshift myself into. For card #2 I drew The Mountain. Since I didn't want to be afraid of mountains, I looked into what mountains symbolize, and I got the following: "Mountains can also be used to create a secluded, isolated or hard to reach place. Such a place could symbolize loneliness."
So I sent DM_S this message: That could explain why Nix chose the College of Glamour? She never wanted to be alone, so she chose a college that would make it easier for her to make friends?" Anyway, it's official now: Nix is afraid of being alone and chose the path of glamour, no matter how superficial it may be.

Will Nix and Nax date or be together for this campaign? We're not sure! We both think it would be cute/funny if we started dating in character, but if it doesn't happen then we're not going to force it.

We also don't expect to last very long, but it will be funny if we can make it past level 5. Otherwise I'm not sure what my backup character would be. What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diablo 4 Open Beta

Pleased to say we were able to play the Open Beta of Diablo 4  & I must be honest, it was worse than last weekend. So many bugs/errors, ...