Sunday, March 3, 2019

D&D Notes

Hey guys! Just wanted to give you guys a little D&D update. ^^

I have three games going on right now: two in which I am a player (with DM_S for one and DM_J for the other) and one where I am the DM. I don't think I've discussed DM_J on here before, so here we go!


Name Race Class Subclass Level
Bryn Elf Rogue Inquisitor 7
Charfeather Aasimar Paladin/Fighter Oath of Redemption 6
Hud Minotaur Barbarian Path of the Ancestral Guardian 7
Kelrith Dragonborn Cleric/Monk Way of the Open Hand 7
Nahuatl Yuan-Ti Pureblood Cleric Grave Domain 7
Nou Bodi Tiefling Rogue Arcane Trickster 7
Petty Tabaxi Bard College of Glamour 7
Rillette Firbolg Druid Circle of the Land 7


I'm playing Nahuatl, a former hermit who pledged her life to the group after they saved her from being killed by pirates. Back then the group consisted of Charfeather, Nou, Petty, and Briar, a Wood Elf ranger. Briar has left fairly recently after she was alerted of the death of her father, and her player is now Rillette. I guess she just wanted a change of pace, which is fine.

Nahuatl looked up to Briar, though, so her sudden leaving has hit her pretty hard. She's upset that Briar didn't think to tell them about her father's death, and that she left without seeking their help or comfort, so it will take her some time to even begin trusting Rillette.

Kelrith, on the other hand... it is difficult for me to keep player (male) and character (female) separate. I dislike the player and the character isn't really much better. She wanted to waterboard a kobold we were having a civil conversation with.

But! That is a different post for a different time!

Since Nahuatl is having such mixed feelings about the new group dynamic, I asked DM_J if he needed me to keep a journal for her to keep track of thoughts, feelings, etc. He said I could if I wanted to so of course I had to. Here's her first official entry:


*~*~*~*

(from the session taking place February 27, 2019)

[in Abyssal]

The barracks insists on sending an army to "take care of" the kobolds in the mines. I am wholeheartedly certain they intend to destroy them in order to obtain this "glorn" that fell from the heavens. I sent a message to the kobold who recognized me, warning them the army was coming; I hope it aids in their preparation, else I will send another with any details I can find.

Still no word from Briar, I am tempted to send her a message as well, or at the very least a letter, though I know not to where I would address it. It seems the druid we met in the library is intent on staying and the dragonborn we found in the cart has also decided to accompany us.

My feelings towards them are mixed and perhaps my judgement clouded. I pledged my life to the original members of the group, but now only Charfeather, Nou, & Petty remain; my oath stands with them and them alone, though I do find Hud's company calming, and seek to protect him to the best of my ability.


I will pray for guidance and, perhaps more importantly, patience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diablo 4 Open Beta

Pleased to say we were able to play the Open Beta of Diablo 4  & I must be honest, it was worse than last weekend. So many bugs/errors, ...