Saturday, November 24, 2018

Let's-a Go!

So I've been playing Let's Go Eevee and I have to say that it's, uh.... it's certainly different than what I was expecting.

I'm not going to sit here and prattle on about, "Back in my day, Pokémon was...." no. Times change, things change, I can accept that.

The name, I think, should have clued me in a little? But I turned on the game, immediately got hit by that first (of many) waves of nostalgia, and then I go through the tutorial on how to catch Pokémon and it's... that's the part that threw me, really. Using your controller to throw PokéBalls? Great, yes.

But not battling it first?

In some ways I appreciate it, because there's no longer that extra time spent whittling it down to low health, accidentally fainting it, having to run around and find another one... I know it got boring, but that in itself was fun for me, somehow. At least the catching of the Pokémon grants experience, and I love that I can just look in the grass to see what's available. I don't even mind that the wild Pokémon come up on the road sometimes, I think it's great.

I've written several reasons why I don't like Pokémon Go, but I still play it, because it's fun and it's silly. I'm just not sure that a fusion between Pokémon Go and a console Pokémon game was the way to go?

Speaking of which, the Go Park. Listen here Nintendo, I worked hard to catch all those Pokémon out in the wilds of real life; why do I have to catch them again in the Go Park? Do you know how many PokéBalls I've gone through to catch Pokémon that are already mine? Please fix that. Please.

Boy did Mount Moon bring back some memories though. . . :)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Diablo 4 Open Beta

Pleased to say we were able to play the Open Beta of Diablo 4  & I must be honest, it was worse than last weekend. So many bugs/errors, ...