Thursday, September 27, 2018

Pathfinder Playtest


Unfortunately, DM S is wrapping up his campaign pretty soon, and while I'm sad, I'm actually kind of glad because we get to playtest the new Pathfinder 2.0! DM S will be putting together a oneshot for us and so far my husband and I are his only players. 😖

But! After much consideration, I narrowed my choices down to three (3) possible classes that I wanted to play:

1. a Cleric of some kind
2. Dragon Sorcerer
3. Evocation Wizard

I spent some time thinking on it and I finally decided on the Evocation Wizard. What race/ancestry you ask?

Goblin.

*

My question? Who the heck decided to let a goblin into a Wizard's school? Doesn't matter, really, as the whole building is likely burnt to a crisp. She only graduated because everyone else is dead. Kidding!


Am I though? Still doesn't matter! Meet Mizi Fooswhistle, a goblin raised/cared for by gnomes.

The reason I went with goblin is because one of my fellow players, C, was wanting to DM a D&D game, but he has 6 players (and counting?) despite it being his first D&D game.

He is trying to equate it with playing Warhammer 40k, but I'm not sure he understands that they're totally different animals, and that 6 players for a first time DM is really hard. I had designed a Goblin bard, Cookie, but as I'm unsure if C will ever get around to running this game, I'm going to put my primary wager on DM S since he has 10 years' experience as a DM in both D&D and Pathfinder.

So yes! We'll be building characters this coming Sunday if I recall correctly, and I'm super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diablo 4 Open Beta

Pleased to say we were able to play the Open Beta of Diablo 4  & I must be honest, it was worse than last weekend. So many bugs/errors, ...