Thursday, March 8, 2018

Humble Beginnings

So we're getting ready to go through my little one-shot I've spent the past couple weeks writing, and I have the jitters something awful. >< My little boy Ares, though, he doesn't seem bothered at all - just look at him here ready to roll some dice!

My husband will be playing the part of our Goliath Barbarian, Largo Denison while our kill-happy roommate is haphazardly handling the Aarakocra Ranger, K'sagsoda Suka.

Largo has a good amount of backstory already filled in while I've been informed K'sagsoda (like our roommate), "just wants to kill things". Great. I'm a first-time DM and I have no idea how to handle a player who wants nothing to do with any of the story or interactions I've painstakingly written out. I mean, not like players stick to the plan anyway, but still.

I've read all about player consequences and even posted about it here if you recall. I've watched GM Tips and feel armed and ready to tackle this, but the nerves are still there, and hopefully I won't have to use any of the techniques I've read about. :S 

Here's hoping, right?


Current desktop situation... so many windows!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diablo 4 Open Beta

Pleased to say we were able to play the Open Beta of Diablo 4  & I must be honest, it was worse than last weekend. So many bugs/errors, ...