Friday, July 6, 2018

Session 1


Warning: Objects in mirror appear larger than. . .
nope, it’s giants.

We start off by meeting our 4th player, who had not been present the previous week. We are introduced to Torinn, the Red Dragonborn barbarian. Torinn is a rather gruff, rough-about-the-edges sort of person but at least K’myr seems happy to see him.

A bird flies in through the window, and Torinn makes a grab for it, trying to take the slip of paper from its mouth. He slips, and instead the bird pecks him on the pinky. Pinenut takes the letter, reads it, and passes it around for everyone else to read.

There is trouble in the west.

Off we go, we four adventurers called together by the paladin Amilcar. We have been told he is the last survivor of a group who defeated a powerful lich, but rumors stir that the lich has returned, and Amilcar – all of Mundus, really – needs our help should rumors prove true. Clearly we are but toddlers to an all-powerful lich as we are now, so Amilcar has assigned these tasks for us so that we may grow in both power and in bond as a group.



Dear Diary,

Hi it’s me, K’myr again. We made it to this little mining village this morning and it is all crushed up. I found a Halfling woman who was crying on the front steps of the inn so I went over to make sure she was all right, but she kept sobbing and saying that giants had somehow made it past Terminus – Krepsis says that’s really hard to do – especially because giants are illegal or something. Anyway, I found a smithy who told us the hill giants had been getting into fights and stuff, but this time some boulders landed on the inn. I wanted to get more information, but Krepsis and Thorinn were already headed out of town to check the tracks before I could gather more information, so of course I had to follow them because apparently, I’m “the healer”. Whatever, I do what I want; I only care about Krepsis & keeping him safe because he is my friend & I don’t know these other two so good.

Anyway, so I follow after them and Pinenut really isn’t doing much else other than following them too, and there’s a silent person with us with red eyes and Krepsis says they have lots of daggers and things.

They follow the tracks and about a mile in front of us we see a fire. There’s three giants around the fire eating something so we decide to hold on until nighttime so maybe we can split them up and take them out quietly before they have time to really gang up on us.

Pinenut turns invisible (I didn’t know he could do that!) and goes into the camp , scouts around, and comes back to tell us that he saw one giant out by the fire and three more in the tent. They have their weapons in a pile towards the back of the tent.

We try to talk plans for a few minutes – I think we should dress Pinenut as a sheep and lure the guard away so we can kill him before he can alert the others – but Krepsis and Thorinn run off instead. I follow behind them, casting Pass Without Trace of course, and Pinenut stays invisible, but he follows us too. The silent one is still silent, and is following Pinenut.

They sneak up on the giant outside, and even though he’s got a big gash in his throat – yay Krepsis! – he’s still screaming… but the other giants don’t wake up.  So while the Dragonborn both go in the tents, I search under the dead giant’s loincloth. It’s gross, whatever, and it stinks, but I don’t mind getting my hands dirty, and it’s a good thing, too, because I found 80 electrum and 40 gold pieces in there.

In the tent, Krepsis picks a giant and stands, swords ready, to stab him in the eyes. Thorinn picks a different one and takes a deep breath. At the same time, Krepsis stabs the eyes, and Thorinn breathes fire onto the giant’s face. They all wake up screaming, and Pinenut makes the third one blind or something. They grab their clubs and are hitting each other, which makes it easier for us, even though Krepsis broke his sword in one of the giant’s kneecaps.

Anyway, we kill all the giants, and I get 7 gems, a pretty new mace that seems pretty magical maybe, and a lot more money, which is good because I spent all of mine on a healer’s kit earlier.

Oh, Pinenut almost died, so I healed him. I think that makes us friends now.

Okay, it’s time for bed. We’re camping out in the stinky giant camp, but there are worse places to be I guess. We’re heading back to the little town in the morning. Good night.

PS: I think we should take all this money we got and offer to fix up the town and, most importantly, the inn. This way we can get free drinks and rooms or something and also get some of the profits. Then I could set up a shop where I could sell my weavings for some extra money!

~*~

EXP earned: 8,000 - we're level 6 now!

Money earned:
   Copper: 50
   Silver: 500
   Electrum: 80
   Gold: 40
   Platinum: 22

Misc: 7 gems

Loot: +1 Mace 

We all split up the money between us, and everyone except Thorinn got a magic weapon because he had one already. :) Super excited to play again next Thursday. 😄

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diablo 4 Open Beta

Pleased to say we were able to play the Open Beta of Diablo 4  & I must be honest, it was worse than last weekend. So many bugs/errors, ...