Friday, August 17, 2018

Byebye Memikus

So I have a quick update to post: Memikus is no more. He didn't die or anything, but the caricature that my husband came up with was, he felt, too much. He pulled me aside about 10 minutes before the session started and let me know, "Hey, I'm going to play this a little differently than we've been talking about, what do you need to do to prepare?"



So I made sure to remind him that he does have a wondrous item, the Hat of Disguise. I also let him know that, unless otherwise stated, I am assuming he's just casting it every hour. I wanted to make sure he had a way to protect himself because he wanted to ambush some goblins as his entrance and I let him know, "Dude, if you come leaping out of the trees as a raptor, the party may attack you, so... maybe use your disguise?"  And he says, "Yeah okay sure. I look like a human but oddly-proportioned. I have three fingers on each hand and I hold my arms fairly close to my chest. Have you seen Watchmen? Yeah, I have a mask like Rorschach's but without the design. It's just an off-white color because it's old,".

Finally we decided that he has trouble with speech because, well, raptor lips. So right now he learns by mimicking and by level 5 I figure he should have a decent handle on speech, just maybe some difficulty with certain phonemes.

Anyway! So yes, Memikus is gone and has been reborn instead as Shetan the raptor gunslinger. I'm really looking forward to how the party interacts with this new dynamic and I'll be sure to update you guys on how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diablo 4 Open Beta

Pleased to say we were able to play the Open Beta of Diablo 4  & I must be honest, it was worse than last weekend. So many bugs/errors, ...